Terms & Conditions
By registering to participate in the Rugby Magazine Fantasy ("the Game") you agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the Rugby Magazine website at https://therugbymagazine.com ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of The Rugby Magazine are ineligible to win any prizes. If such person would otherwise win a prize, it shall be awarded to the next placed Player. Please see terms 27-30 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game.
4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by the Rugby Magazine for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of the Rugby Magazine shall be final).
5. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of the Rugby Magazine shall be final).
6. While there is no closing date for entries, the Rugby Magazine will publish from time to time deadlines by which you must be registered as Players in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games in a given competition. Any such information on how and when to enter for the Game forms part of these terms and conditions.
7. The Rugby Magazine reserves the right to suspend and delete teams or leagues that contain team names or league names which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user’s account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do so by the Rugby Magazine is final.
8. In the event that (other than in the circumstances at term 7 above) team names or league names are deemed unsuitable the Rugby Magazine may reject such team names or league names. Any names so rejected may be changed and notified to the Rugby Magazine within seven days. In the event that the alternative name is again rejected (at the Rugby Magazine's discretion) the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
10. Both UK and non-UK residents entering the Game are subject to their teams being automatically entered into a “Country League”. A Country League is simply a mini-league named after the country entered by the Player when registering a team. In association with an official Rugby Magazine partner in selected territories, the Rugby Magazine may choose to offer a prize to the overall winner of such Country Leagues. The nature of the prize and the countries selected for this purpose are at the sole discretion of the Rugby Magazine. There is no opt-out from a Country League but participation in no way obligates the Player to receive marketing communications from the Rugby Magazine or partner.
11. The Rugby Magazine doesn’t condone users charging for entry to leagues they have created, strongly encourages users not to join such leagues and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users’ involvement in such leagues.
The Game Rules
12. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by the Rugby Magazine ("Game Rules"). The Rugby Magazine reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to the Rugby Magazine as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
13. The Rugby Magazine will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. The Rugby Magazine will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
14. The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of the Rugby Magazine from time to time and the Rugby Magazine reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
15. The first Prize ("Winner's Prize") will be awarded to the Player who according to the Rugby Magazine's determination is at the top of the leaderboard published by the Rugby Magazine at the end of the 2016/17 season. Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
16. We are currently in discussion with regards to the exact specifications of the Winner's Prize.
17. We are currently in discussion with regards to the exact specifications of the Runner-up Prize.
18. We are currently in discussion with regards to the exact specifications of the Third Prize.
19. In the event more than one Player is at the top of the final leader board, the relevant prizes shall be awarded to those teams which were first to register on the Site. The Rugby Magazine's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Cup Prize will be awarded to the Player who according to the Rugby Magazine’s determination wins the cup final at the end of the season.
21. We are currently in discussion with regards to the exact specifications of the Cup Winner's Prize.
22. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
23. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of the Winner's/Runner-up/Third/Cup Prize, at which time they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
24. The winners' names will be published on the Site.
25. Subject always to term 30 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Rugby Magazine in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid and, in participating in the Game, all entrants consent to the same.
26. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 27-30 below.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
27. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
28. You will only be eligible for the Winner's/Runner-up/Third/Cup Prize if we receive written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
- they were happy for you to play the Game;
- that they are happy for you to receive the winner’s/Runner-up/Cup Prize.
29. If we receive the requisite consent to our reasonable satisfaction all prizes requiring adult supervision will be booked in the name of your parent or guardian accordingly.
30. If you do win a Prize, and if the Rugby Magazine wishes to use any comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
Responsibility and Remedies
31. The extent of the Rugby Magazine's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
- playing the Game is provided to you free of charge;
- you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
- you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
32. While the Rugby Magazine will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, the Rugby Magazine will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
33. The Rugby Magazine cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
- loss which was not foreseeable to you and the Rugby Magazine when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from the Rugby Magazine's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
- any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the Rugby Magazine's default);
- loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
- any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
34. Nothing in these terms will limit the Rugby Magazine's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
35. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
36. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions the Rugby Magazine reserves the right to:
- refuse entry to the Game;
- disqualify you from the Game;
- require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by the Rugby Magazine shall be final.
The following apply to the referral scheme (the “Referral Scheme”) operated by The Rugby Magazine for Players, allowing them to earn the gold upgrade for free.
37. In order to qualify under the Referral Scheme, an Existing Player must refer a New Player in accordance with these Terms.
38. Existing Players may refer more than one New Player, and once a New Player has legally committed to the Game, they may then in turn become an Existing Player (by referring further New Players).
39. For the avoidance of doubt, the Referral Scheme shall apply to the currently running season within the competition you are playing. At the beginning of a new season, any referrals made during the previous season will not count towards the Referral Scheme for the new season.
40. The Rugby Magazine may from time to time make available to Existing Players a code (“Referral Code”) and a URL (“Referral URL”).
41. Such Referral Codes shall be unique to each Existing Player.
42. Existing Players may pass the Referral Code and Referral URL to potential New Players.
43. Each Referral Code may be used by more than one New Player.
44. Existing Players shall not distribute any Referral Code or Referral URL:
- in exchange for any payment or other benefit from a third party;
- in any publication for which they have been paid by a third party (e.g. a sponsored blog post);
- in any manner which has the aim or effect of damaging the business or reputation of The Rugby Magazine or any of its commercial partners;
- on any discount code website, voucher website or any similar service.
45. The Rugby Magazine permits Players to share Referral Codes on their owned websites, social media and in relevant forums and communities, and to refer to The Rugby Magazine in doing so.
46. Players are not permitted to:
- undertake any paid advertising to promote their Referral Code;
- create any website using ‘rugbymagazine’ or any similar term in the domain to promote their Referral Code;
- purchase any advertising keywords for any internet search engine (e.g. Google Adwords) using ‘rugbymagazine’ or any similar term.
47. Existing Players agree to provide details to The Rugby Magazine on request as to how they have distributed Referral Codes and/or Referral URLs.
48. Potential New Players can enter a Referral Code by accessing the website via the Referral URL.
49. The Referral Scheme is only available to New Players at the time of signing up for the Game and referrals will not be applied to any Players retrospectively.
50. Where a valid Referral Code is entered and the Terms are complied with, it will be logged; upon the Existing Player reaching the required 10 referrals, The Rugby Magazine will apply the full upgrade as detailed below.
51. Referral Codes are provided by The Rugby Magazine in good faith, and Players shall also act in good faith in relation to them. Each Referral Code shall be subject always to The Rugby Magazine's discretionary right to invalidate it without notice (acting reasonably).
52. Once the referral code of an Existing Player has been used 10 times for New Players to the Game, The Rugby Magazine shall apply the full upgrade to the Existing User's account.
53. The Rugby Magazine provides the Referral Scheme on a temporary basis in good faith and at its sole discretion.
54. Players shall utilise the Referral Scheme in good faith, and acknowledge that insofar as permitted in law, The Rugby Magazine shall not have any liability in connection with the Referral Scheme
55. The Rugby Magazine's decisions as to the validity of any Referral Code and as to any party's entitlement under this Referral Scheme shall be final and binding.
56. Notwithstanding any provision of these Terms, The Rugby Magazine retains the right at any time without reason, at The Rugby Magazine’s sole direction, to:
- amend, withdraw and/or suspend the Referral Scheme (in whole or in part);
- exclude any particular Player(s) from the Referral Scheme.
57. Should The Rugby Magazine decide to materially amend the Referral Scheme, or to withdraw or suspend it (in whole or in part), The Rugby Magazine has no obligation to provide any notice, unless such amendment, withdrawal or suspension is due to breach of these Terms.
58. The Rugby Magazine does not guarantee the availability or continuation of the Referral Scheme for any period.
59. Referrals under the Referral Scheme will be applied using the Referral Code with which a New Player registered for the site; no transfer to another Existing Player will be made in the event of mistakes arising from the usage of Referral Codes.
60. This game is in no way associated with or endorsed by Premiership Rugby or Super Rugby.
61. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
62. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Corvita Limited, Company Number: 8844041